About This Release:
- August 31, 2015
- This update will automatically request reboot of device after the download is done.
- Devices with firmware from Version 1.8.2 and earlier will need to update the boot code after reboot. There will be a message displayed on device warning people to not to power off the unit during this stage. The updating of boot code will take about 70 - 80 seconds. The unit will reboot after boot code has been updated.
Please make sure you do not reboot or turn off the unit during the update of boot code, or else the unit will no longer be able to boot up (will have to return to factory for flashing the boot code).
- Fixes device deadlock issue related to 7260HMW WiFi driver.
- Fixes the issue that device is not able to connect to particular type of SMB server.
- Fix the issue the device will stop play while press 'previous' or 'next' too fast while playback online streaming track.
- Fix the issue that device could not stop when delete a whole album in playback queue using Lightning DS 2.0 and above.
- Fix the issue related to update procedure (device wont reboot).
- Fix the issue that 'Initializate HDD' function does not work randomly.
- Lightning Server no longer report scan progress percentage to reduce the time during rescan. The progress is now showing as how many files it has scanned.
- Lightning Server wont rescan USB drive after reboot or resume from sleep to save time. You will need to use 'Rescan' function in LDS V2.0 and above or unplug USB drive then replug to let device rescan the content.
- Add server and renderer status report function. The data will be updated to AURALiC server using encrypted connection for helping your staff to support customer.
- Add crashing report function. The data will be updated to AURALiC server using encrypted connection for improving the system stability.
- Add disk write monitor function to reduce rescan time when using Lightning Server with internal SSD/HDD (ARIES MINI only).
- Device will wait at 176.4K or 352.8K rather than DSD64 or DSD128 when DAC Delay function is enabled.
- Device may not work with particular type of USB drive in Mac OS X journaled format.
- Device may not work with particular type of USB drive or SSD drive which request power over 5V/500mA.
- USB DACs running on Wavelength USB firmware can not use USB playback function due to a confirmed bug of Wavelength USB firmware under Linux. The known effected brands are: Ayre, Aesthetix and Berkeley Audio.
- Disable "DSD over PCM" only works on USB DACs that support sampling rate to 352.8K.
- Certain kinds of 24bit AIF files will be reported as 32bit due to decoder bug.