Current Version: 5.0 (Released on 6th June 2017)
About This Release:
- 6th June 2017
- Lightning Server will drop and rebuild the current library index after this firmware update due to significant changes to the database structure.
- Devices with firmware from Version 1.8.2 and earlier will need to update the boot code after reboot. There will be a message displayed on device warning people to not to power off the unit during this stage. The updating of boot code will take about 70 - 80 seconds. The unit will reboot after boot code has been updated.
Please make sure you do not reboot or turn off the unit during the update of boot code, or else the unit will no longer be able to boot up (will have to return to factory for flashing the boot code).
- Upgraded system kernel and file system to improve overall performance.
- Introduces the web-based Lightning DS Web Admin. Use the IP address of your device to access the Web Admin. Chrome and Safari are recommended.
- Introduces a new processor engine that includes a resampling function. All AURALiC streaming devices now have the capacity to upsample to 384K, except the ARIES MINI (down-sampling only.)
- Lightning Server can now access multiple music storage locations (library paths) for your music library.
- Lightning Server is now able to ignore user-specified words when it sorts albums, artists, and track names.
- Lightning Server can now recognize multi-disc albums, combining tracks into a single album title. To combine discs, use subfolders named Disc1, Disc2, or CD1, CD2, etc. (Any designation that includes sequential digits will work.)
- Lightning Server now supports CD images defined in CUE files for music in WAV, FLAC, and APE formats. (Due to technical limitations SACD ISO is not supported.)
- Introduces Scheduled Rescan function for Lightning Server.
- Introduces Roon Ready support for the ARIES MINI.
- Adds MQA decoding support. Note: the MQA decoding method integrated by all AURALiC streaming devices has been developed solely by AURALiC using AURALiC’s proprietary resampling and de-blurring method. This process is not an MQA-created or MQA-licensed process.
- Not able to play multi-channel files on the ARIES MINI.
- Internal analog output on the ARIES MINI doesn’t work if the phase has been set to “inverted”.
- Rapidly pressing pause in Lightning DS can cause streaming devices to crash.
- Unable to play music files if a transcode function is enabled by a particular NAS drive.
- Lightning Server can’t update the music library even after artist tags have changed.
- Reduces interruptions in online streaming playback.
- Lightning Server no longer recognizes DST-encoded DSD files, as they are not supported by AURALiC streaming devices.
- System-level stability improvements due to new system kernel and file system.