About This Release:
- 11th September, 2016
- This update will request reboot of device after the download is done.
- Devices with firmware from Version 1.8.2 and earlier will need to update the boot code after reboot. There will be a message displayed on device warning people to not to power off the unit during this stage. The updating of boot code will take about 70 - 80 seconds. The unit will reboot after boot code has been updated.
Please make sure you do not reboot or turn off the unit during the update of boot code, or else the unit will no longer be able to boot up (will have to return to factory for flashing the boot code).
- We are proud to introduce Lightning playback engine V2 with a series of new features.
- Introducing Bit-perfect Group Play up to DXD and DSD256. To create a group, open device list on iPad side bar, press and hold the device that you want it to be master, then select 'Create Zone'. Please press '...' icon on iPhone for same operation.
- Introducing Memory Cache. Memory Cache feature will pre-load track into device memory (not SSD!) to achieve better sound quality, it also helps to improve streaming stability. Memory Cache size for ARIES/ARIES LE: 512MB; ARIES MINI: 64MB. Tracks with size bigger than the memory cache will be buffered by several segments automatically. Memory Cache function does not work under Internet Radio, AirPlay, Songcast, Bluetooth and Roon input method because of the data is streamed in real time from host device.
- Now supports multi-channel PCM and DSD files as well as multi-channel USB DAC. Lightning device can output 5.1 surrounding track into a 6 channel USB DAC or the FL, FR only to a 2 channel device. This feature also resolved the compatibility problem with USB DAC which contains more than 2 output channels, like ARK MX+, NAD M51.
- Adding 'Buffering' playback status.
- Report current playing file type in Lightning DS.
- Add DAC output phase, channel balance andLED brightness adjustment for ARIES MINI.
- Device can automatically detect and connect to home network if a Ethernet cable is plugged under WiFi AP mode, the real plug and play support.
- DSD to PCM resampler (disable DSD over PCM option) is now working with DSD64 (convert to 88.2K PCM). Resampling of DSD128 and DSD256 is not supported.
- Add multiple of protections to prevent user or update procedure from bricking a unit.
- Unable to write USB drive content on computer through SMB share if the USB drive is in exFAT format.
- Device been unmuted after sampling rate changed (ARIES MINI).
- Fix various of bugs related to 'Add Next' function.
- Device will wait at 176.4K or 352.8K rather than DSD64 or DSD128 when DAC Delay function is enabled.
- Certain types of 24bit AIF files will be reported as 32bit while playing, due to decoder bug.
- (Dramatic) Sound quality improvement when play music through Lightning DS or other uPnP control software. (No sound quality change under Internet Radio, AirPlay, Songcast, Bluetooth and Roon input method because of the data is streamed in real time from host device).
- Bump Roon RAAT version to 1.1.2.