About This Release:
- March 20, 2015
- This update will request reboot of device for 3 times to finish completely if device is updating from firmware 1.8.2 and earlier or reboot twice for firmware 1.11, 1.10 and 1.9.
The first reboot occurs when user press 'update' button in App to start updating. The 2nd and 3rd reboot are automatically without user operation.
The device display will black out without any display for about 1 minute after 1st reboot when display software is been updated. The unit will reboot after display software update successfully.
The boot code will be updated after 2nd reboot (for firmware 1.8.2 and earlier) and a message will be displayed on device display to warning people not to power off the unit during this stage. The updating of boot code will take about 70 - 80 seconds. The unit will reboot after boot code has been updated.
Please make sure not reboot or turn off the unit during the updating of display and boot code or the unit will no longer able to boot up (will have to return to factory for flash the boot code).
- Improve device discoverability with Lightning DS V1.8.
- Fix the issue introduced in firmware V2.0 that uPnP mode no long work with JRIVER.
- Fix the issue that ARIES could not seek while playing DFF file.
- Fix the issue that certain file types could not be played though USB drive.
- Fix the issue that Lightning Server scan progress becoming very slow when the USB drive contains invalid music files.
- Fix the issue that Lightning Server is unable to start due to database error.
- Fix the issue that some MP3 files with Chinese tag information could not be displayed correctly. This requests you to delete ‘LightinngServer.dat’, a hidden file stored on USB drive, to let Lightning Server proceed to a new scan.
- Fix a potential issue that ARIES could not play anything while switch out of Songcast or Airplay mode.
- Files with invalid tag information will now be recognized by Lightning Server to allow better compatibility.
- ARIES now provides samba server service; you can access USB drive attached to ARIES with username and password ‘auralic’. Please be noticed that ARIES will not rescan USB disk automatically after you have changed the file (unplug and replug operation is still requested). The rescan button will be added in Lightning DS V2.
- ARIES will shut down ARIES Ethernet controller circuit completely when it is working in WiFi mode. This allow us to reduce EMI noise and future improve sound quality.
- ARIES will start a WiFi network named ‘AURALiC-Lightning’ automatically when it could not connect to the network previously used. Switch your iPad to this network will allow you to setup ARIES (to join your home network) without using LAN cable.
- ARIES will return radio station information like station name, current playback duration and station bitrate to control software (waiting for new Lightning DS V2.0 to enable this function).
- ARIES will report more detailed error log to AURALiC server to help support our customers.
- You can see ARIES under its room name in your WiFi router’s attached device menu now.
- Device will wait at 176.4K or 352.8K rather than DSD64 or DSD128 when DAC Delay function is enabled.
- Device may not work with particular type of USB drive in Mac OS X journaled format.
- Device may not work with particular type of USB drive or SSD drive which request power over 5V/500mA.
- USB DAC running on Wavelength USB firmware could not use USB playback function due to a confirmed bug of Wavelength USB firmware under Linux. The known effected brands are: Ayre, Aesthetix and Berkeley Audio.
- Disable ‘DSD over PCM’ only works on USB DAC that supports sampling rate to 352.8K.
- Certain kinds of 24bit AIF files will be reported as 32bit due to decoder bug.