About This Release:
- June 30, 2015
- This update will request reboot of device automatically after the download is done and erase Lightning Server database previously used to apply for new function. There will be a re-index procedure when playback from USB. Machine with firmware from firmware 1.8.2 and earlier will need to update the boot code after reboot.
There will be a message displayed on device to warning people not to power off the unit during this stage. The updating of boot code will take about 70 - 80 seconds. The unit will reboot after boot code has been updated.
Please make sure not reboot or turn off the unit during the update of boot code or the unit will no longer be able to boot up (will have to return to factory for flash the boot code).
- Update Linux kernel based on 3.10.52.
- Update OpenHome network stack protocol.
- Improve the overall WiFi connection.
- Fix the issue that volume number could not be returned to control software from ARIES.
- Fix the issue that ARIES could not join WiFi network and could not reverse back when network gateway address is not correct.
- Fix the issue that playing queue to be cleared accidently when rename the device.
- Fix the issue that Lightning Server wont show up in device list.
- Fix the issue that Lightning Server wont restart within one minutes when switch between different WiFi network.
- Fix the issue that Lightning Server does not return album ‘childcount’ string.
- Lightning Server can ignore particular folder during the scan to save time. You can add a file name ‘lightningserver.ignore’ and place it in the folder you want to ignore, the scan thread will skip that folder during the initial and refresh scan.
- Remove SMB host username and password required to access USB storage plugged.
- Add error message report function (require Lightning DS V2 to activate).
- Device will wait at 176.4K or 352.8K rather than DSD64 or DSD128 when DAC Delay function is enabled.
- Device may not work with particular type of USB drive in Mac OS X journaled format.
- Device may not work with particular type of USB drive or SSD drive which request power over 5V/500mA.
- USB DAC running on Wavelength USB firmware could not use USB playback function due to a confirmed bug of Wavelength USB firmware under Linux. The known effected brands are: Ayre, Aesthetix and Berkeley Audio.
- Disable ‘DSD over PCM’ only works on USB DAC that supports sampling rate to 352.8K.
- Certain kinds of 24bit AIF files will be reported as 32bit due to decoder bug.