Unlike most uPnP server software, which will sort all untagged music files into a virtual album folder named ‘unknown’ or ‘no album’, Lightning Server treats these files as regular tracks with specific album titles. For untagged files or tracks without album title information, the folder name where files are located will be used as the album title. Such design allows Lightning DS to organize music files with album titles as well as covers arts for the files even if those music files have not been properly tagged or do not support metadata.
Articles in this section
- What is Lightning Server?
- How does Lightning Server work?
- Why Lightning Server is superior to other server software?
- What music file types/partition formats does Lightning Server support?
- Does Lightning Server support music in DSD and DXD formats?
- Why some music, which Lightning Server supports, could not show up
- How long will it take for Lightning Server to scan my music files?
- The initial scan is quite long; do I need to wait such long time in the future?
- How to find my recently added music?
- Will Lightning Server deal with untagged music files?