No, Lightning Server will create a database for each USB disk plugged into ARIES during the initial scan. It will compare differences between current files and previous files on USB drive. The re-scan speed depends on how many music files on your USB drive and how many music files have changed since the last time it was plugged into that ARIES. If no file has changed, it will take about 20 seconds to finish a re-scan for a USB drive containing up to 5,000 tracks. The re-scan speed for any music files, if they have been added, updated or deleted, is about 10 files per second.
Articles in this section
- What is Lightning Server?
- How does Lightning Server work?
- Why Lightning Server is superior to other server software?
- What music file types/partition formats does Lightning Server support?
- Does Lightning Server support music in DSD and DXD formats?
- Why some music, which Lightning Server supports, could not show up
- How long will it take for Lightning Server to scan my music files?
- The initial scan is quite long; do I need to wait such long time in the future?
- How to find my recently added music?
- Will Lightning Server deal with untagged music files?