It is OK to hot plug and unplug a USB drive because Lightning Server does not write USB drive. An improper unplug of USB drive, such as unplug a USB drive while ARIES is still playing, will however cause in Lightning Server to be unable to detect a USB drive plugged in the future and will request that you to do a full power cycle (disconnect power supply) to let Lightning Server get back to work.
Articles in this section
- How can I play music files on USB drive?
- What will happen after I plugged a USB drive into Lightning devices?
- Choose the right type of USB drive
- Disk partition format supported by Lightning Server
- Is there any disk or partition size limitation?
- Does Lightning Server support multiple USB drives on an external USB hub??
- Does Lightning Server support USB drive with multiple partitions?
- Is that possible to hot plug / unplug USB drive?
- Will Lightning Server detect music file changes on USB drive automatically?
- How does Lightning Server handle music content when user swaps USB drives?