About This Release:
- February 11, 2015
- This update will request reboot of device for 3 times to finish completely if device is updating from firmware 1.8.2 and earlier or reboot twice for firmware 1.11, 1.10 and 1.9.
The first reboot occurs when user press 'update' button in App to start updating. The 2nd and 3rd reboot are automatically without user operation.
The device display will black out without any display for about 1 minute after 1st reboot when display software is been updated. The unit will reboot after display software update successfully.
The boot code will be updated after 2nd reboot (for firmware 1.8.2 and earlier) and a message will be displayed on device display to warning people not to power off the unit during this stage. The updating of boot code will take about 70 - 80 seconds. The unit will reboot after boot code has been updated.
Please make sure not reboot or turn off the unit during the updating of display and boot code or the unit will no longer able to boot up (will have to return to factory for flash the boot code).
- Lightning Server will present previous library content during re-scan rather than empty the list to allow faster access.
- Sound quality improvement with new real time kernel.
- Device will wait at 176.4K or 352.8K rather than DSD64 or DSD128 when DAC Delay function is enabled.
- Device may not work with particular type of USB drive in Mac OS X journaled format.
- USB DAC running on Wavelength USB firmware could not use USB playback function due to an issue inside Wavelength USB firmware*. The known effected brands are: Ayre, Aesthetix and Berkeley Audio.
*According to ARIES customer’s test report whom also own Ayre QB9-DSD, Wavelength USB firmware does not allows USB DAC attach to USB hub with a mass storage (such as USB drive) presents at same time. The DAC will no longer play any file format except for those at sampling rate of 44.1Khz in this case when tested on an Apple Macbook. Since both ARIES’ two USB ports are connected to an USB hub, this issue has affected the function on AIRES too.