About This Release:
- March 27, 2015
- This update will request reboot of device for 3 times to finish completely if device is updating from firmware 1.8.2 and earlier or reboot twice for firmware 1.11, 1.10 and 1.9.
The first reboot occurs when user press 'update' button in App to start updating. The 2nd and 3rd reboot are automatically without user operation.
The device display will black out without any display for about 1 minute after 1st reboot when display software is been updated. The unit will reboot after display software update successfully.
The boot code will be updated after 2nd reboot (for firmware 1.8.2 and earlier) and a message will be displayed on device display to warning people not to power off the unit during this stage. The updating of boot code will take about 70 - 80 seconds. The unit will reboot after boot code has been updated.
Please make sure not reboot or turn off the unit during the updating of display and boot code or the unit will no longer able to boot up (will have to return to factory for flash the boot code).
- Extend the “join network fail counter” from 30 seconds to 60 seconds to allow ARIES to join a network with slow DHCP server response.
- Reduce the chance that ARIES may loss all users setting after updated to a new firmware.
- Change the way that display program is been updated, allow recover the display program though special tool if the upgrade failed. Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org for detailed information if you need help on this issue.
- Optimize log information been updated to AURALiC server.
- Improve the firmware update function.
- Improve the Lightning Server log function.
- Device will wait at 176.4K or 352.8K rather than DSD64 or DSD128 when DAC Delay function is enabled.
- Device may not work with particular type of USB drive in Mac OS X journaled format.
- Device may not work with particular type of USB drive or SSD drive which request power over 5V/500mA.
- USB DAC running on Wavelength USB firmware could not use USB playback function due to a confirmed bug of Wavelength USB firmware under Linux. The known effected brands are: Ayre, Aesthetix and Berkeley Audio.
- Disable ‘DSD over PCM’ only works on USB DAC that supports sampling rate to 352.8K.
- Certain kinds of 24bit AIF files will be reported as 32bit due to decoder bug.