About This Release:
- July 1, 2015
- This update will request reboot of device automatically after the download is done and erase Lightning Server database previously used in order to utilize the latest revision's functions. There will be a re-index procedure when initially using playback from USB source. Machines with firmware from firmware 1.8.2 and earlier will need to update the boot code after reboot.
There will be a message displayed on device warning people to not to power off the unit during this stage. The updating of boot code will take about 70 - 80 seconds. The unit will reboot after boot code has been updated.
Please make sure you do not reboot or turn off the unit during the update of boot code or the unit will no longer be able to boot up (will have to return to factory for flash the boot code).
This Update Fixes:
- Fixes the issue that M2TECH and Mytek USB driver could not be loaded.
- Fixes the issue that DSD256 playback function may not working properly.
- Device will wait at 176.4K or 352.8K rather than DSD64 or DSD128 when DAC Delay function is enabled.
- Device may not work with particular type of USB drive in Mac OS X journaled format.
- Device may not work with particular type of USB drive or SSD drive which request power over 5V/500mA.
- USB DAC running on Wavelength USB firmware could not use USB playback function due to a confirmed bug of Wavelength USB firmware under Linux. The known effected brands are: Ayre, Aesthetix and Berkeley Audio.
- Disable ‘DSD over PCM’ only works on USB DAC that supports sampling rate to 352.8K.
- Certain kinds of 24bit AIF files will be reported as 32bit due to decoder bug.