About This Release:
- October 17, 2015
- Initial firmware release version of ARIES MINI
- This update will request reboot of device after the download is done.
- Devices with firmware from Version 1.8.2 and earlier will need to update the boot code after reboot. There will be a message displayed on device warning people to not to power off the unit during this stage. The updating of boot code will take about 70 - 80 seconds. The unit will reboot after boot code has been updated.
Please make sure you do not reboot or turn off the unit during the update of boot code, or else the unit will no longer be able to boot up (will have to return to factory for flashing the boot code).
- Device wont show up in Lightning DS after boot up under certain situation.
- Lightning Server connection will fail if the current SMB client user was not the same one whom made the first connection to that folder (Lightningserver.dat file access deny).
- Lightning server dont pick up album cover file name 'Folder.jpg' (F letter in capital).
- USB output compatibility with different DACs while using AirPlay.
- Lightning Server will now use dedicate cover picture file, like 'folder.jpg' or 'cover.jpg' before pick up audio file embedded cover file to allow better resolution.
- Add 'JPEG' extension support for album cover file.
- Disable power management of 7260HMW WiFi module to increase the network connection performance.
- ARIES MINI support with new functions such as Bluetooth, Flexible Filter Mode, and USB File Import.
- Device will now check LAN/WiFi network connection by 'PING' gateway every 60 seconds and will try to reconnect if it failed. This will resolve the problem that device wont show up in LDS after router has been rebooted.
- Device will wait at 176.4K or 352.8K rather than DSD64 or DSD128 when DAC Delay function is enabled.
- Device may not work with particular type of USB drive in Mac OS X journaled format.
- Device may not work with particular type of USB drive or SSD drive which request power over 5V/500mA.
- USB DACs running on Wavelength USB firmware can not use USB playback function due to a confirmed bug of Wavelength USB firmware under Linux. The known effected brands are: Ayre, Aesthetix and Berkeley Audio.
- Disable "DSD over PCM" only works on USB DACs that support sampling rate to 352.8K.
- Certain kinds of 24bit AIF files will be reported as 32bit due to decoder bug.
Please sign in to leave a comment.