About This Release:
- November 24, 2015
- This update will request reboot of device after the download is done.
- Devices with firmware from Version 1.8.2 and earlier will need to update the boot code after reboot. There will be a message displayed on device warning people to not to power off the unit during this stage. The updating of boot code will take about 70 - 80 seconds. The unit will reboot after boot code has been updated.
Please make sure you do not reboot or turn off the unit during the update of boot code, or else the unit will no longer be able to boot up (will have to return to factory for flashing the boot code).
- Radio station name (when it is available) wont display correctly in Lightning DS.
- Music file larger than 2GB wont be read by Lightning Server.
- Album cover that contains capital letter wont be read by Lightning Server under Network Folder mode. To resolve the problem, you need to use ‘Erase Lightning Server Index’ first and rebuild the index (that will take some time).
- Wired connection stability for ARIES MINI.
- Rename ‘Hard Drive’ mode of Lightning Server to ‘Internal Storage’.
- DAC Delay has been enabled as default for ARIES MINI.
- Add standby function for ARIES MINI. Press middle button for 5 seconds till LED start flashing in white color, the device will then go standby mode. Press any key to call it back.
- LED of ARIES MINI can be set as On/Off/Auto Off. (Wait for Lightning DS V2.4 to active)
- Button of ARIES MINI can be configured for other functions. (Wait for Lightning DS V2.4 to active)
- Device will wait at 176.4K or 352.8K rather than DSD64 or DSD128 when DAC Delay function is enabled.
- Device may not work with particular type of USB drive in Mac OS X journaled format.
- Device may not work with particular type of USB drive or SSD drive which request power over 5V/500mA.
- USB DACs running on Wavelength USB firmware can not use USB playback function due to a confirmed bug of Wavelength USB firmware under Linux. The known effected brands are: Ayre, Aesthetix and Berkeley Audio.
- Disable "DSD over PCM" only works on USB DACs that support sampling rate to 352.8K.
- Certain kinds of 24bit AIF files will be reported as 32bit due to decoder bug.