About This Release:
- 28th November, 2016
- This update will request reboot of device after the download is done.
- Devices with firmware from Version 1.8.2 and earlier will need to update the boot code after reboot. There will be a message displayed on device warning people to not to power off the unit during this stage. The updating of boot code will take about 70 - 80 seconds. The unit will reboot after boot code has been updated.
Please make sure you do not reboot or turn off the unit during the update of boot code, or else the unit will no longer be able to boot up (will have to return to factory for flashing the boot code).
- Introducing advanced Software Volume Control function. The newly designed software volume control use 64bit fixed-point calculation precision with proper dither algorithm to optimize the sound quality. You should expect great sound quality improvement while using software volume control to play 16bit and 24bit music files. For ARIES MINI, ALTAIR and POLARIS customers whom use internal DAC (analog output), we suggest you to keep Software Volume Control option at OFF position so as to use internal DAC's volume for best sound quality.
- Lightning device can now detect USB DAC's internal volume control (mixer) and use it automatically. To use this function, the 'Software Volume Control' option has to be turned off and it only works on external USB DAC.
- Lightning device can now detect USB DAC's maximum supported PCM sampling rate and resample the unsupported files automatically. For example, with a DAC that only support PCM up to 192K, Lightning device will resample 352.8K material to 176.4K.
- Adding support for WMA and ASF type of radio stations (stations with address start of MMS://).
- More error message reminder (Wait for new version of Lightning DS to activate it).
- USB drive SMB write permission problem with Mac HFS+ partition.
- Lightning device may stuck at buffering status for a long time after user proceed a seek operation.
- Particular types of radio station wont play. This issue is half way till a complete fix until new version of Lightning DS is available due to another related issue found inside Lightning DS (stations with address start of HTTPS:// wont play till new version of Lightning DS is available).
- Lightning device now report DAC's actual working sampling rate to Lightning DS (It was always file's sampling rate in previous firmwares).
- Automatically Mute and Unmute internal DAC (on ARIES MINI, ALTAIR and POLARIS) to avoid sudden loudness change when user pause/stop/resume the playback of a track.
- Bump RoonReady code to version 1.1.8, fix memory leak issue.
- Try to resolve stuttering issue of Group Play under Ethernet connection by limiting the data fetch speed of Memory Cache function (bandwidth race issue).