About This Release:
- 17th March 2020
Please make sure you do not reboot or turn off the unit during the update of boot code, or else the unit will no longer be able to boot up (will have to return to factory for flashing the boot code).
- Add Parametric Equalizer and Speaker placement compensation in processor engine. Please refer refer to the manual inside web control interface for operation instruction. This function is for ARIES and ARIES LE only, it is not available for ARIES MINI.
- Support OpenHome standard online streaming features, you can use TIDAL and Qobuz with Lumin and Linn Kazoo control software.
- Roon, AirPlay, Bluetooth and Spotify Connect virtual input channels are now merged into Lightning Player, you can use processor engine to apply effect to those inputs now.
- Roon, AirPlay, Bluetooth and Spotify Connect virtual input channels now use Lightning Playback engine's volume control.
- Add transport control for AirPlay, Bluetooth and Spotify Connect virtual input channels, you can use remote control or on device control (G series) to control play/pause, next/previous track.
- Add maximum volume limit feature.
- General sound quality improvement.
- Update OpenHome network protocol.
- PCM Auto Detect function will run test every time user switch output channel to make sure the result match current channel.
- Use Amazon 184.108.40.206 DNS server as primary server unless user has manual setup another one.
- Lightning Server will detect and add HDD path automatically after a factory reset.
- Bump Roon RAAT code version to 1.1.36.
- Spotify Connect not working.
- AirPlay connection break while source audio is multi-channel.
- Device will not erase volume control setting even after a factory reset operation.
- Unable to play AIF file over 2GB.
- Unable to play particular radio station with m3u8 link.
- Extra long 'Buffering' waiting when user try to play TIDAL/Qobuz content (this is related to a poor TIDAL/Qobuz server connection).
- Other playback relating bug.
- Unable to seek TIDAL track (bit rate showing as 0bps).
- Unable to index USB drive larger than 2TB in EXFAT partition format.
- Lightning Server stucks at 'Indexing Artist' status and unable to create music library.